SEND Outreach Offer
The aim of the Outreach Service is to provide high-quality support and advice to enable students with SEND to succeed in the mainstream setting within Nurseries and Primary Schools.
Our work is varied and tailored according to the needs of individual schools and academies. In order to provide the best possible specialist support, the Outreach Service is provided by outstanding practitioners with expertise in SEND, who have a track record of delivering change within schools to deliver improvement in SEND provision.
Our Service includes:
- Joint focused learning walks, followed by verbal and written feedback.
- Support to identify SEN needs for individual/groups of pupils.
- Target setting.
- Support with EHCP Target Setting, provision mapping, high needs funding.
- Attendance at annual reviews, Early Help, PEP meetings and Professional Meetings.
- Support with developing School-Based Plans / Support Plans.
- Support to develop Individual Positive Support Plans.
- Individual and joint observations to support staff to implement strategies, resources and routines to enable pupils to access teaching and learning.
- Coaching and mentoring for key staff, including modelling how to support individual pupils to engage in learning using appropriate and effective strategies and resources.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff to support pupils who display challenging behaviours, including planning meetings and how to implement effective and consistent behaviour management techniques.
- Planning sessions with key staff, teachers etc. to ensure that teaching and learning supports pupils’ needs.
- Opportunities to observe best practice.
- Parent workshops, individual meetings with parents to support understanding of conditions/behaviours and how to manage these at home.
Whole school support:
- Audits are conducted to ensure that the quality of teaching and learning is effective in enabling ALL pupils to be successful, make progress and achieve.
- These can be either whole school, specific key stages, year groups or cohorts.
At One Excellence we are here to help and support. Please contact One Excellence to discuss the support package we can provide.